stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Monday, May 30, 2011

Star Struck: A Status Update

Natasha does what she does best...squaring up blocks

that leaves all these little bits to sweep

and we have a pile of quarter blocks
and all laid out.....not so bad, I was getting worried that this scrappy look might not exactly come together

so the sewing of the quarters together was the next task


And now I have a bunch of starry squares and three rows of six blocks together, not quite sure how big this will be yet, am also in the process of making a few extra blocks just in case. And there is a bonus with this construction
a basket full of tiny half triangles and pairs that could work for 4 patches......potential border substrate.



2 comments:

fabricpixie said...

Petra thanks for sharing your process...the blocks turned out great and looks like it will be a big quilt. You can sweep up those bits off the floor and put them in your compost. That's what I do with my tiny bits of cotton fabric.

Please be sure to post a photo at the Shirttails group?

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

qltmom9 said...

DELIGHTFUL! That green is SOOO perfect and I would have thought it wouldn't work! I'm working on starstruck too...just put the strips from you into mine! I like yours better though. LOL! Now, I want to get a green like that and do one TOTALLY scrappy.

Lucy~