stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oh Man I Missed the First 2012 TUSAL Report

Late last night I realized that the new moon was on Monday and I hadn't posted my vase full of  ORTs and after this month of much progress on Orca Bay, cutting postage stamps and other miscellaneous scrappiness this vase was packed! But where was I on on the day of the new moon in January? I was having my first longarm lesson at the Mad About Quilts studio in MA, oh what fun and what lovely ladies  Mary Ann and Dora are.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     That's Mary Ann loading my sample on the Janome Millenium sewing machine
This was the pantograph I tried, after some fun free motion quilting, following that red laser point on the pattern took a lot of concentration, apparently I got better but in my eyes the improvement was subtle.


My sample with the panto quilting at the top and free motion on the bottom, I can't wait to actually work on a quilt.
and here is the ORT sideways.........I spent way too much time trying to turn this image around, jpeg, png, gifs, nothing worked despite being the right orientation on my iphone and laptop, oh well, you get the idea...it's FULL!

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Petra. This long-arm quilting looks so fun! And your postage stamp quilts are glorious!
best, nadia