stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Kaffe Fasset Inspiration Center Done, Now What About the Border?

Yes the center is done and another row has been added after this pic was taken.



All the fabric was from stash, some of it from the early 90's when I lived in North Carolina and was quilting up a storm with my friend Sandy, it's amazing how the fabric brings back memories. Some of the fabric was from recent swaps and some from recent ebay purchases including a little of Kaffe Fassett's design....and even a little thrift store shirting found its way into the value scheme, but nothing bought specifically until now...

and now I need the perfect fabric for the border, I started thinking about stripes since stripes are used effectively in Kaffe's book, so I started perusing ebay for Fassett fabric and came across the lovely Katie Rose and after some email correspondence she was willing to sell me some of her out of print pre-washed personal stock....there are some wonderful strangers out there.


This looks almost perfect, I can't wait to try it out, perhaps I may have a completed flimsy soon.....this WIP has been assigned to Marty and Ellen as a belated wedding gift by my daughter Natasha who assigned all my quilts in progress on one of her weekend visits.....she feels better is they have a purposes or a home...I just enjoy the process.

No comments: