Since my #1DD came home on Saturday, I made great strides (so much faster when she irons, slices and organizes) I just sew sew sew and yesterday my leg actually hurt from the foot peddle position. That is a first for me.
so we are close to half-way with the red stings and many more in the works and since I was stringing and I always have to multi-task I also worked on more of the denim blocks. Alas #2DD isn't liking how they are turning out, what do you know they are too random for her and she prefers more of a pattern, a plan, things to match which is so unlike her free-form bohemian personality, how interesting. I'll finish the current batch (I think I have enough for a good size quilt) and we'll see how they all look.
So onto part 5, part 3 was completed in the nick of time, so I cut more 2 inch strips, starched them and sliced a bunch of blackish triangles.
here are a batch with one wing added and below are about 50 completed.
we are wondering how these pieces will go together. A talented mathematically inclined quiltville chat member calculated that we are 62% of the way there in terms of surface area, so that means we'll have to make more pieces.
Bonnie's linky to see how others are doing.