stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2014 WIP Wednesday # 3

There is an alpaca vest on the needles for me.....I'm trying to keep up with the momentum so that I can actually get it finished unlike the other two WIPs for me. The three pieces are finished and blocking, sewing weaving in ends and all the other finishing stuff awaits.
 
The yarn is Paqu Pura by Mirasol, 100% alpaca, sport weight and incredibly soft. I bought it from one of  my LYS with a Christmas gift certificate from my daughter's boyfriend, what a sweet boy he is to go to a yarn store and buy me a gift certificate.

The back was great fun to do in the self striping yarn but the 2 fronts were a bit of a pain as I had to alter the self striping stripes!! And now I have all those ends to weave in. In hind sight I should have knitted this all in one piece, one of my fiber fest friends suggested knitting the front in one piece and steeking, but I didn't quite have the courage.

The pattern is Nantasket on Ravelry.

We have started Cooper on low dose chemotherapy hoping the the tumor will stop growing, he remains in good spirits.

Last night I started a warp with the most delicious yarn.....

Okay I'm off to block, the BSJ needs to be ready for the baby shower tomorrow.

I'm linking into WIP Wednesday

No comments: