This is a wrap I made for a belated 80th birthday gift. The pattern is Maluka designed by Bea Schmidt, available for free on Ravelry.I like how it turned out, although I wish I had made it a little longer. Length is hard to gauge since the border is knitted first and becomes quite long, then stitches are picked up along the edge and the body knitted with short rows, that shortens the wraps and makes the curve. This was the first I've knitted in this style, I got a little bored with the border after 39 repeats, but the body flew by in a couple of evenings and allowed for a nice sense of satisfaction. Next time, I'll try to persevere until I have 46 repeats or so. There is about 25g of yarn left and it would have been nice to use it all up (so I could buy more of course).
This is pre-blocking in my oyster shell garden. I used an i-cord cast-off for a more finished look.
Blocking in progress.
Raised bed in the making.
and yes I'm wearing another FO, in a linen cotton blend.
The Maluka is now in England and I hope the birthday lady enjoys wearing it this winter.