stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The world of Noro

This yarn really is a work of art.....mixtures of colours and textures, I had been admiring it for many months and then on the Rhode Island yarn crawl I found it at a great discounted price so there was no stopping me and I stocked up.....  Taiyo sock.............fingering weight
 and Taiyo, worsted weight. I knit a baby surprise jacket known by many as BSJ, a design by Elizabeth Zimmerman from the 60's. It is so clever knitted in one piece and perfect for this self-striping yarn. My first BSJ was for Georgie on her first birthday in May, I hope that she will get more wear out of it this autumn.


My second BSJ was in Taiyo sock weight and just right for a newborn, a baby shower gift for Brian's baby boy due in early October. For this one I crocheted the buttons since I wanted them soft for a new born. I'll be casting on an adult version soon for DD#2 who wants one just like Georgie's in the worsted weight. So I'm putting the Noro stash to good use.

I need to learn how to move photos around a bit better in blogger........

No comments: