stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Saturday, September 21, 2013

What a tangled mess, HELP

Habu
Habu steel covered with raw silk, I was so excited to add this to the left over Findley dappled 50-50 merino-silk I had to make a lovely scarf. I found some of the steel-silk on ebay, made a start, all was going well, the fine steel was definitely giving the soft Findley yarn more body and the scarf was holding the shape like I had hoped. I proudly took the project to my monthly knitting group and then proceeded to knit a little, puling the steel from my project bag on the floor..

Findley
early days, pretangle
perfect match




............very very bad idea, quite a lot of the steel came off the spool and very quickly became a tangled mess. The more I tried to untangle it the worse it became.........and now I'm left with a tangled mess, the only thing I can think of is to cut the tangle off, but this will leave a myriad of ends. There is no untangling this very fine yarn.........help, what to do?

No comments: