stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Here's Five WIPs for Wednesday

Surely, something will come off the needles soon.... I think I have 11 WIPs and on the go, here are 5, not in any particular order.

A scarf for my sister, I'm using up the rest of Juniper Moon Farm Findley Dappled  that I had used for DD1's cardigan. I'm making very slow progress on this Frangiflutti scarf designed by edith filzhof, because of the tangled mess that has become of the fine silk covered steel  (see previous post), I'm able to pull a little out at a time and am now contemplating ordering a new skein so that I can speed up the progress.

Then there's the Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket (known as BSJ) in an adult version for DD2. I'm using Noro Taiyo and am close to the end of skein 2. I hope that the size will be okay, I'm working with a formula configured from the desired width and gauge. This is my 2nd time around, the first time it was going to be far too small.



Two pairs of socks are in the works, both toe-up, but this one I'm doing TAAT on one circular needle. The yarn colourway is pumpkin patch in Poems Socks yarn made in Turkey and a very simple pattern, will be ribbing soon.
These socks are a gift, using Yarn from Chile, a lovely tonal red and the brainless pattern, I like the way the cable works on the side of the foot.

A windward scarf in Noro Taiyo sock, this is my second windward, I really like this pattern with a yarn that has a long repeat.

Linking into Amis' WIP wednesday

2 comments:

Spinster Beth said...

Goodness, what a lot of wips! I love the red socks best, I think.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Very nice WIPs and such pretty yarns. I love the red socks.