stashdash2015

stashdash2015

Friday, March 28, 2014

Yet another BSJ

This BSJ is for Milo, it's ready for blocking tonight and I hope that takes care of the wonkyness, I really have no idea how it occurred. So I will follow the Harlot's blocking instructions in the hopes of an improvement, although this Berroco Sox yarn is 75% superwash wool (the other 25% is nylon) and that makes me a little nervous.......but we shall soon see. Right now the little thing is soaking in the sink.
This is my 6th BSJ, although I'm not sure if the adult version I knitted for DD#2 counts as a Baby Surprise Jacket, but of course she's still my baby so maybe it does. Milo's version has had the most modifications......I've gone to town with the icord bind off and joined the sleeves with an icord, although I realize you can't see it in this photo, I'll take some better ones during the blocking event that will take place later tonight, exciting times in Stonington you might say. I also extended the sleeves in Milo's version, by using a crochet provisional cast on.......I need some help with this technique, since the unraveling doesn't work and I ended up having to cut every provisional stitch (rather tedious), is that normal?
I seem to have a thing for crochet buttons when it comes to cardies for babies....they're softer than the other type of buttons, important for fresh delicate new babies, don't you think?
DD#1 (the Graphic Designer and Super Organizer) is coming home on the late train from Boston tonight.......so I had better hurry up and finish sweeping and start the vacuuming, she is the only one in the family that creates order, I think she gets it from her grandparents. She's coming home to hang out with our 12 year old Mini Aussie Cooper.....who looks quite sprightly in this photo taken right after a needle aspirate taken from a large mystery lump behind his right ear.  
It's been tough times, there have been a couple of days when he wasn't quite himself, it sort of started with a high fever, or maybe earlier and we were none the wiser. After numerous trips to the vet, consultations with veterinary friends, tests, antibiotics and inflammatories we still don't know if it's inflammation or something very bad. We remain optimistic and Coopie continues to be his mischievous Coopie self, wondering why the mistress is finally giving him some attention.........send him (and his master) good wishes. Okay the soaking sweater awaits.....did I say I was going to vacuum? Who vacuums on a Friday night, really that can wait, what was I thinking?

No comments: